Wednesday, January 06, 2010

We love patinas!


Don't you? I love the sheen that an old bit of metal gets after sixty or so years. Sometimes, however, I just can't wait sixty years for a nice glow to my metal. We sell findings and charms in four custom finishes that are durable and look great. We have also begun selling quite a bit of naked brass and other metals. The naked metals can be admired as they are or they are perfect for a bit of extra doodling. The heart charm on the right had a bit of acrylic paint applied and then wiped off so that the letters are much more visible. This is a really simply treatment that is very effective on any metal with a stamped-in phrase or design. Think about how a piece of filigree would look with a bright color accenting the curves. Mmm...nice.

If you'd like to see some step-by-step photos and directions for adding painted treatments to metal this old blog post will show you the details.

The love detector heart charms are available here.

We have a few classes on achieving proper patinas coming up at Panopolie, click for details. We also have a Slumber Party coming up on February at Panopolie where you can learn a few quicky patinas. Sign up for our store newsletter here so I can let you know when the registration opens for that event.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think I had one of these when I was little - I may even still have it somewhere in a jewelry box. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?